August 10, 2017
Time Trial and Family Picnic:
A BIG Thank you goes out to Emily Zeigler and Eileen Leisses for organizing the Time Trial Picnic on Sunday. Thank you to all the cooks and everyone that provided food. The picnic was a success and we dodged the rain! Whew!
The Ladders for the Time Trial on Sunday have been posted on TeamApp. Just click on LADDERS for results.
We are continuing with Watermelon Wednesdays through September. Please sign up to bring watermelon (preferably chilled) at about 5:20pm. on a Wednesday. It’s so refreshing for the runners in this heat and humidity! Click here to signup.
TeamApp Helpful Hints:
Many of you are new or still trying to figure out TeamApp, so we wanted to pass along some “Helpful Hints”. TeamApp is our primary vehicle for all communication. All runners and at least 1 parent should have access to TeamApp. This is our second year using this app and we have found it to be very robust and a huge asset for our team. We love about 99% of the functionality.
Because we have over 300 people on TeamApp (coaches, students and parents), all subscribers get notifications every time someone responds to a CHAT. So please make sure it’s necessary to send to ALL 300+ members. If it gets too noisy, people turn off notifications and then may miss important information.
Please send a private CHAT to a coach and/or board member if you need help or have questions to avoid overuse.
How do I send a private CHAT?
• Tap on Chat
• Tap on the pencil in the top right hand corner
• Type name of person you want to contact in the search bar
How do I turn on notifications?
• From the TeamApp home screen, touch “Settings” in the top right hand corner
• Click on Notifications
• Slide to “Enable”
How do I find someone’s phone number or email address?
– Settings > Members Directory
(Note: this feature is only available via the app on your mobile device)
How do I add my photo to my profile?
– Settings > Member Details
Why should I add my photo to my profile?
– So we can get to know each other better and cheer on the runners by name!
I lost my phone. How do I access team app from my computer?
Where can I find the details about upcoming meets and/or the results from a meet?
– Other Websites > MileSplit
(We are planning to update the link to the next scheduled meet every Tuesday during meet season)
How can I access our Shutterfly Share Site?
– Other Websites > Photos – Shutterfly
(We highly recommend getting the Shutterfly Share Site App, which you can do by simply clicking on the orange “GET” from the top of the screen. It makes it much easier to scroll through the pictures.)
Runners should be signed up for REMIND
Instructions on how to do this are on this website under “Apps, Forms and Links”
Our Captains this year:
Front: Madison Allen, Anna Zeigler, Jack Rhodes
Back: Sarah Sandreuter, Matthew Leisses, Zachary Tennessee
If you have any singlets from last year – PLEASE turn them in to Coach Evans ASAP! ALL singlets should have been turned in last year – please look around your room/house/car….wherever.
Practices next week:
- M-Th: (August 14-17) will be at 4pm at the Lacrosse field.
- No practice on Friday, August 18 as there is a meet that day. Details coming out next week on that.
Practices the week of August 21:
- M (8/21): Practice starts at 4:15pm (per Fulton County adjusted schedule) at RHS
- T-W (8/22-8/23): 4pm at RHS
- Th (8/24): practice at 4pm with Pasta Dinner at Roswell Area Park Pool after practice.
- Friday (8/25): 6am at RHS for Varsity and elite JV
- Friday (8/25): 4pm at RHS for everyone else
We had a great week of camp up at Ocoee, TN. We had 48 campers, 7 coaches and 4 cooks. Besides a lot of great training, the campers received a lot of education, participated in fun team building activities, went white water rafting and spent time on the beautiful lake. Everyone increased their conditioning, learned a lot and had a great time.